Translate

Friday 19 August 2016

IHSW Started Here

The weekend starts here!  And since it's the third Friday in the month, it's an International Hermit & Stitch Weekend.  Hosted by Joysze of Random Ramblings, this is your chance to stay at home and stitch to your heart's content.

Since I am working on Sunday, my weekend will be Friday and Saturday.  I am still taking part in the Stitching Olympics and today was a Silver day.  I had no WIPS with silver in them so a new start was in order.  I got out my collection of the JCS Christmas Ornament Specials (2010-2015) and discovered this one from 2010:

stitched on 28 count Colonial Blue evenweave

The design is by Forget-Me-Nots in Stitches and is called 1862 Snowflake after an antique beadwork pattern they had.  The charts suggest using all beads but I have substituted silver for the crystal beads to fit the Olympic theme.

Another small was started for the Music Day:

stitched on 14 count Christmas Green aida

I didn't have anything for Music, so it was most serendipitous that Kim sent me this little Mill Hill chart just in time!  I'm not a fan of three strands on perforated paper so I switched it for this green aida.  Now I remember why I'm not a fan of aida either!  But it's a nice little project and will look good scrapbooked with these three:



I've made quite a lot of progress on Gathering Honey which has been my focus piece for the Marathon:

Plenty of backstitch in this section!

I had a finish for the Gold Medal day, I saved the gold from my Fifth Friday project in July:

stitched on 28 count burgundy evenweave

This is the second Byzantine Ornament by Teresa Wentzler, using the same fabric and threads as Number 1.

Two more ghosts have been added to Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles:

stitched on 32 count Autumnal Woodland by Crafty Kitten

*****************************

I've also been keeping up with my daily art themes.  Here are Days 13-19:

Day 13 - Sails


Day 14 - Buildings


Day 15 - Movement


Day 16 - Light


Day 17 - Trains


Day 18 - Summer


Day 19 - Hands


Finally, it is four weeks tomorrow until my Birthday!  There are still a very few places left in the Days of Jo's Life Blog Hop.  If you'd like to join in with this very special blog hop on the 17th September please email or leave a comment and I'll tell you all about it.  In the meantime I will leave you with this image:

Wooden Thread Organiser from Tangerine 8 on Etsy.
I just love wooden thread organisers.  Just saying.


24 comments:

Linda said...

Great starts, finishes and progress Jo. My birthday is Sept. 14. I should'n advertise that as I will be more ancient than I am now.

Linda

jhm said...

Tell me about the "Days of Jo" blog hop. Sounds like fun.

Jackie
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Lots of great progress. I've finished my household chores and hope to have the weekend for stitching.

Ewa said...

Holy cow, look at you go!!

Anne said...

Everything is wonderful. I'm joining the IHSW too. Happy Stitching! :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

You get a stitching gold medal, Jo! All winning projects. The fox thread keep is really sweet and I like that it has numbers to help keep your threads straight,

Bea said...

How do you keep it all straight? Like both your new starts and that GH corner looks so much better with the flowers. Great progress.

Mii Stitch said...

Go team GB!! :) Great stitching progress!

The Crafty Princess said...

Once again you have left me gobsmacked with all your work. You must have a huge stash of lil projects that fit all these themes...yes I know no matter how tenuous LOL! How effective is the backstitch on Gathering Honey. Well, I'll tell you, it's fantastic, it really makes a difference.

Mental note; Jo loves wooden thread holders, no Aida or perforated designs. Got it!!

Jo can you please let me know if I have fixed the email problem too. This is my first comment since setting up the gmail wahoo. Thanks honeybunch
xo Alicia

Barb said...

You always have so many wonderful projects going on!

gominam said...

Nice start choices. Lots of progress too on your other lovely pieces. I'm still catching up on my blog reading, but hope to get a lot of stitching done tomorrow. I wish I'll have a satisfying (progresswise) IHSW like you:)

Margaret said...

You are doing well on Gathering Honey and the ghosts. I hate stitching with beads or metallics so don't envy you those. You sure have lots of progress to report- I am envious.

Mini said...

Great new starts and progress on gathering honey and Ink Circles. I love the "Sails".
I'm intrigued by the Train and hands project. Tell me more about these.

Preeti said...

Great progress on your projects. You are working on so many.

Tiffstitch said...

Great new starts and progress, plus a finish for gold! Great work to keep up with the GB Olympians. :)

Christine said...

Great work Jo, I absolutely love the TW finish

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Great progress on all your projects! I don't know how you keep track of them all, but you do, and wonderfully! As always, I am looking forward to your next update!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Absolutely fabulous stitching! :D

Justine said...

I need a lie down after reading this! How many medals did you win?!

Katie said...

So much beautiful stitching in this update. Lovely new starts and fantastic WIPs. Love them all!! Sails of course is my fav since I love all things ocean related haha.

Kaisievic said...

Lots and lots of beautiful stitching, my dear - my very favourite being the kitty cat, natch!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work on the Olympic front, and awesome progress on the Gathering Honey as well, I love this corner :D

Brigitte said...

Very cool, all these projects that you started or continued for the Olympic stitching marathon. And great projects that you revisit for the arts challenge.

Heather said...

Wow Jo you've made lots of progress everything looks beautiful!