Translate

Thursday 28 April 2016

April Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Heather from Stitching Lotus

This year I have two Small Challenges:


For the Hallowe'en Blog I have done something a little different this year, I've chosen a band sampler by Just Nan called Counting Bats and each band corresponds to the monthly themes on the blog.  April's theme was Ghosts and I stitched this band:


Here is the whole piece so far:

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

I have chosen another series for the Christmas Ornie Blog; The Primitive Hare's Christmas Cubes.   This month the theme was Ornaments and Decorations:

stitched on 35 count Country Mocha linen

Here are the four stitched so far:



Next month the theme is Reindeer and there isn't a cube with a reindeer so I shall be picking a different ornie for May, how exciting!

I also decided to do a second Small for the Hallowe'en SAL.  I've got so many lovely spooky designs I really want to stitch some of them too.  So here is my start on Just Nan's Scream Girls:

stitched on 32 count mid green linen


Finally, another mention of the Days of Jo's Life - Big Birthday Blog Hop.  To take part all you have to do is leave a comment or email me.  Nearer the date I will allocate you a Year of My Life and on the 17th September you do a blog post about that year or that life event in your life or what you were doing at that age (assuming you are that old!).  Also, post something you have stitched which you think I will like.  According to the number of people signed up I am now in my mid-thirties so if you want to take part and make me closer to my actual age, please leave a comment!




26 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jo.

Linda

Unknown said...

Scream Girls looks right up my alley. It's one of the best parts of blogging. All the wonderful stitching things I would have never picked for myself I now have to have.

Heather said...

Lovely progress jo have fun picking out your new chart!

Bea said...

I'm really liking your bats and Scream Girls is off to a great start.

Amy said...

I love your smalls for this month! Very curious to see what Scream Girls looKS like! 😀

Anonymous said...

cute smalls

Mini said...

I like how you fit your WIPs in all these SALs.

Barb said...

The Halloween band is so cute! I also like the Christmas cubes. Great work!

Rachel said...

Great Smalls Jo. Scream Girls definitely brought a smile to my face! :)

Lili said...

Lovely new start!!
Hugs,
Lili

Preeti said...

Great smalls, Jo!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Love your start on Scream Girls!

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching Jo, love the bats :-)

Justine said...

Lovely smalls this month! I really like how Counting Bats is stitching up.

Margaret said...

Hi Jo, I love the Christams Ornaments. Will you have the whole word done for December? The colour of that mid green linen is beautiful. Can you tell me if it is Zweigart linen?

gominam said...

Lovely stitching. The Halloween colors are so pretty:) and I like the Christmas too!

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely band on the Halloween sampler. I'm rather curious to see what scream girls will look like

Brigitte said...

Scream Girls will be great. And I always love to see Counting Bats. It has so many lovely details in each band.

Brenda said...

Oh Jo! I always get soooo inspired when I read your blog!!! I LOVE your JN Counting Bats. Now I'm thinking I have to add that one to my stash!! LOL And of course I love your Christmas Cubes too!!! Of course, I LOVE anything Christmas!! Beautiful stitching as always hon!! WTG

KimM said...

Oh my - your stitching is so cute - the designs really made me smile.Scream Girls.....hmmmm...looking forward to seeing the progress.....
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Nice work on everything and great new start!

Christine said...

Great work Jo, I like the new start. I read the linen colour as mud green first time, which seemed a bit harsh

Leonore Winterer said...

Great smalls and great new start!

Kaisievic said...

Your Christmas cubes are coming along very nicely, Jo, as is Counting Bats, of course.

Stitching Noni said...

Cute smalls... I have now seen your Scream Girls finish and I see how different the fabric colour is. It is looks very pretty
Hugs xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great smalls stitching this month! :D