Translate

Thursday 10 October 2013

Progress Reports

I've finished one of the pieces I couldn't show and mailed it off.  The other piece was the Needlecraft Haven September Challenge by Kissy Cross.  I stitched this on some nice green evenweave over 1 as it was a rather large design for an ornie stitched over 2.  I haven't decided whether to make it into an ornie or to scrapbook it so I just Photo-shopped it onto a piece of backing paper:


It's quite interesting looking at the original blog photo to see which parts they stitched in which colour.  The chart didn't come with a key and they used the same symbol for every stitch so you wouldn't be bound by their choices.  I like my version.  The whites do pop more in real life.

I have not been in the mood for Christmas stitching as yet, it's not even Hallowe'en so I have made a good start on my Drac-in-the-Box.  I want to get this done by the 31st if only because everyone keeps saying "Let me know how you get on with the finishing"!  I posted a picture on FB of the first steps I'd done and the designer left a comment saying how pleased she was someone was going to stitch it.  So not much pressure there to make a good job of it!

Here are two photos to show the two completed blocks the right way up:

Headstone - top left

Fangs and Bat - Left and middle

I changed the orientation of the blocks simply because I found it easier to hold the fabric this way.  It's a very stiff Permin linen and I don't want to crumple it too much.

Here is my evening project, Titania, Queen of the Fairies for Rachel's Mirabilia Round Robin:


Not a great picture, it's a scan and the purples in the sash are not showing up well.  They are actually the Teresa Purples (3041 and 3042) so called because Teresa Wentzler seems to use them in every design she does!  You can really see the shape of her arms appearing.  There's alot of flesh to do next, then her hair and finishing with the wings.

Finally, the sign up for the Hallowe'en Blog Hop is open.  Click on Mr. Boo the Ghost on the right side bar for more details.







11 comments:

Zeb said...

Hehehe talk about pressure, but it must be nice for the designer to see people stitching their work :)

Excited about the blog hop!

Julie said...

Great choice of colours for your challenge piece, mine was typically traditional lol.

Drac is going to be such a fun thing when completed, its grown lots since the last pic.

Giovanna said...

Nice going on both WIPs. And a lovely ornament too.

Linda said...

Both are looking good Jo.

Linda

Christine said...

No pressure then...
I know what you mean about Permin, it's like stitching on cardboard. Rough scratchy cardboard.
Looking forward to seeing him finished though

Mii Stitch said...

Both projects are looking good but I must admit I'm quite excited to see Drac taking shape!! I can't wait to see it finished :)

Ewa said...

It has been so long since I did a blog hop, but your work is looking gorgeous as always! I think if a designer commented on my work (either positively or negatively) I'd flip out.

Kaisievic said...

Great start on both pieces and I know that your Drac in a Box is going to be awesome!

Karoline said...

Great progress on your projects, they both look lovely.

The Crafty Princess said...

How cool that you are being stalked by the designer...I couldn't deal with that kind of pressure. I have all the faith in the world in you. Draccy is coming along really well. I want more please Jo!
Alicia xo

Angie said...

great work