Translate

Friday 21 December 2012

'Tis the Season to be Stitching

Fa la la la la la la la la

And here's what I've been stitching this week.  First up is some stocking fillers for my female in-laws.  I bought these little diaries with an insert for a photo and stitched each of their initials from the Sajou Alphabet Carol provided us for her iStitch Mystery SAL last year.


These were a really quick stitch, a couple of hours for each letter and they make a nice little extra gift.  One is for MIL, two for hubby's sisters and one for his brother's wife.

My evening stitching has been split between the Scarlet Letter English Transitional Sampler and the Mirabilia RR September Sapphire Fairy.

English Transitional Sampler

September Sapphire Fairy

I've also stitched a couple of cards that I can't show yet because they're still in the post!

Not much else to report - it's busy, busy, work, work, sleep here.  The Scarlet Letter sign-ups have slowed down (phew!) and we're going to start a second blog in the New Year so all the extra people can post for themselves.  We've had the first prize draw already and one lucky person won 10 skeins of AVAS silks.  I'm stitching with these for the first time and they are gorgeous.  I've used several lengths already and have only just realised I've not had a single knot!

Finally, I hope you're following the Advent Calendar Blog Hop each day.  The trees are having a late spurt and we have one vote for "shoes".  It's so much fun reading about everyone's Christmas traditions.  Our tree is up at home, it looks beautiful from one side but the other has a large undecorated area exactly the size of the Small Boy's reach despite being behind the boy-fence LOL.  Photos will be from the "good" side only this year!

17 comments:

pam said...

Love the diary initials.great gift idea

Erica said...

Oh! They are lovely!
I'm sure their recipients will be very pleased!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea for Christmas presents and the idea of inserting a stitched initial is great as well.

I am liking the SL English Transitional Sampler it is unique.

September Sapphire Fairy is looking good. My son was born in September and I love the birthstone color.

Thanks for reminding me about the Advent Calendar as I have forgot to check it the last few days!

Can't wait to see your tree.

cucki said...

aww they are so cute x

Unknown said...

Love the diary idea, really lovely and personal to each recipent. I like your progress on both pieces. I'm really looking forward to seeing your sampler take shape, my pattern arrived this morning and I can't wait to get started.

rosey175 said...

I think the diary idea is so neat! I wonder if I can find such a thing in this area -- did you find them in a book store or a hobby store?

Sapphire Fairy is kinda looking like she has whiskers right now, haha! :D

The backside of our tree is quite barren as I really don't need to have eyeballs on all sides. Prevent ornament stealing on the front is bad enough but I just know those cats would get up to all sorts of shenanigans if there were some on the back!

Susan said...

Very cute notebooks. Great progress on your stitching. I'm really looking forward to watching your SAL progress.

Nicola said...

Jo the diaries are such a lovely idea, homemade gifts are extra special.

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely gift idea Jo. The colours in sapphire fairy are gorgeous

gracie said...

Beautiful letters. Thank you so much for once again organizing a fun project for all of us. It has been nice to meet and visit with friends.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Christine said...

The diaries are a great idea Jo

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those notebooks are adorable and a fantastic gift!!!!

Steph said...

Beautiful stitching. The diaries are a lovely gift.
xox

mdgtjulie said...

Loving the piccys, Jo. The gifts are so cute. I really like the colors in those. And you're making progress on your other projects too. Good for you!! I'm actually able to stitch and blog for a bit now, as school was over the fifteenth of this month for all, and for me on the eleventh.

Fiona said...

What a lovely idea for gifts. Have a great Christmas. I am looking forward to starting my first Scarlett Letter. I plan on starting it in the new year.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely idea for the diaries! Sorry for reading your update so late, I'm sure they loved your presents!!

Valentina said...

Lovely stitching! I just adore Sajou alphabets!